Thursday, April 13, 2017

The Performer in Me

The Performer in Me

Brittany, here.
You know me. You've heard my voice. You've seen my posts.
Or you have absolutely no idea who I am.

I'll give you a little clue: I'm a stay-at-home mother, now. With a long list of credentials behind me, I accepted my divine calling and had two children back to back, with a third on the way!! I'm delighted to be able to continue two of my passions, writing and doing hair, which I can do from my home.

I've published two novels and do hair part-time. This brings me a great joy, but understand that most of my time is spent devoted to rearing up my children in truth and light. That's my number one priority.

Besides that, my passions include all spectrums of ART.
I've grown up in the performance arts.
I like to paint, take pictures, make vlogs.
I LOVE singing, dancing, and acting.
I've done all of the above since I could walk.
I began writing at eighteen, after graduating cosmetology school.
I spent a decade as a very successful cosmetologist, and then decided to stay home with my children and pursue my writing career.
With a bit of acting under my belt, I've also decided to rebirth my acting skills and take some acting classes. Hopefully, by the time my children are in school and I have a lot of free time, I can get some auditions! That would be a dream.

In the meantime, my third novel and the final installment in my Conquest of Canaan series will come out this winter. Yay!
I have another series you guys will DIE over, and it will soon be ready for publication when I finish up this winter. Super exciting stuff.

Yep I'm one of those nerds who likes "it all". Honestly, it probably means I'm not fantastic at any one thing, but I'm fairly at several, and I'm thankful every day for my talents and blessings.
(Just don't ask me to do math)

I'm so ecstatic to freshen up my performer's resume and see where this new journey takes me. I'm happy to get back to some of my passions, including giving birth to my third child this September. WAHOO! After publishing all of my books, and squeezing in some acting classes, I plan on finishing up all the novels as screenplays, submitting them to production companies, and then composing the film score for Conquest of Canaan. Yep, I also write music...needs some growth, but hey, I'm always up for learning.

Go me.