Saturday, November 19, 2016

52 Weeks of Gratitude: Week 43

I'm actually surprised and quite pleased with myself for making it this far!!
I made a goal on January 1 to be more grateful and I took on this 52 week challenge. Now I'm on week 43? It's just crazy.

Time flies!
This week's prompt is Favorite Holiday.

My favorite official holiday is the Fourth of July. I'm not just saying that because we just had elections and everyone is in a patriotic frenzy. My dad is extremely patriotic and raised us to be really aware and educated concerning our country. Of course, that has little to do with why I love the Foueth of July. Fireworks, hello??

First, it is the dead of summer which is my favorite time of year. July is my favorite month. I love heat. I love fireworks and fairs and churros. I love the American flag and singing pTriotic songs. I've actually sung the National Anthem a few times, twice for the Fresno Grizzlies baseball team. I get emotional each time. Then I suck because it is hard to belt a high C while crying ha!

I'm so grateful to be an American.
I know this last election was HUGE. It tore many people apart. Regardless of the outcome, I am one of those people who believes this is my beautiful country. I will STAY here. I will hope for the best and do my part to make it better. We are Still arguably the greatest nation. There is SO much to be grateful for and proud of. It saddens me that Americans will fight one another over politics and kill one another over a difference in beliefs. That's why this country was founded! For freedoms and diversity.

Anyway, the Fourth of July is my favorite holiday.
My favorite unofficial holiday is MY BIRTHDAY!! Which is on Thursday this year. Yes, that is Thanksgiving. You better not forget about me!! :) 

That concludes week 43 of the 52 Weeks of Gratitude Challenge.

By Brittany Shannon