Wednesday, October 5, 2016

52 Weeks of Gratitude: Week 38

Week 38 of the 52 weeks of gratitude challenge might just be a new favorite!

Jk, I can't pick a favorite, but this week's prompt is so on point!
Music you love!

Music has such a special place in my heart. I'm a very musical person.
I enjoy listening to, singing, playing, and composing music.

Right now, my favorite radio station is K Love. They play gospel music, from Christian rock to uplifting ballads. It is such a great mix of sounds and yet you are listening to words that are positive and encouraging. I went to the Positive Hits tour this year and got to see some of the bands play live. It was so touching and inspiring.

Some of my favorites include:
Kristian Stanfill
Lauren Daigle
Danny Gokey
Hilary Scott

I'm also a huge Country nerd. I grew up in the country on a farm. So, naturally I love country music. My next favorite would be the 80's!!! This always shocks people. I guess I don't look like a rocker chick lol but I could sing you almost every Journey, Def Leoppard, Van Halen, and Aerosmith song, by heart. I do like 80's pop, like Whitney Houston and Michael Jackson or Madonna and Tears for Fears, but my soul lingers in the "classic butt rock".

I recently discovered Chase Holfelder who rewrites and covers songs in minor keys. Basically he is a fabulous musician and plays all the instruments himself, as well as songs and produces. He covered Whitney Houston's I Will Always Love You and nailed it. I like to follow musicians like this who brin. Something new and original to the music industry.
Watch Chase's video here.


Finally, the music I actually write to (as in when I'm writing my novels) is movie scores. My favorite composers are Harry Gregson Williams and Hans Zimmer. There is something magical in movie score music. Each song tells a story of its own. My favorite film score is probably How to Train Your Dragin, followed by Chronicles of Narnia, Pirates of the Caribbean.

That concludes week 38 of the 52 weeks of gratitude! I am so so grateful for music and the spirit it brings to my life. I hope you all have a wonderful hump day :) play some good tunes and share your favorites with me.

Brittany Shannon