Friday, August 5, 2016

52 Weeks of Gratitude Challenge: Week 30

Here we are again, with a new prompt for this week! It is week 30 of the 52 Weeks of Gratitude Challenge!

The prompt is: Age

I'm so young at heart it is weird to think I will be 29 in a few months! But, yes, I'm going to hang on to my 28 for just a little bit longer.:)

To me, age is like weight. It's just numbers. 

I could care less what I weigh. I don't even own a scale. I care how I look and feel, which is the same about my age. I've never cared about growing old. Unlike many people, I've always wanted to be "one year older"....as far back as I can remember!!

And the great thing is, I find each year that much better than before. I'm happier now than I was at 18. I'm more confident, more successful. And I give zero $h!t$ about wrinkles and gray hairs. I have two--gray hairs--and I named them, that's how proud I am. I LOVE my age. I think there is beauty in maturity. I find the "fountain of youth" to be a smidge offensive, considering that isn't at all what God sent us to earth to focus on. But hey, to each their own, right? I know what I'm here to do, I know who I am, and I know what I can accomplish. I'm going to stand at the pearly gates, hopefully super old and extremely wrinkly, and speak of my good works and service. I am pretty sure I won't be chastised for refusing Botox ;) he he he. No hate, I just don't like the stuff.

Anyway, age is a grand thing. Accept it. Use it. 

Love it!
By Brittany Shannon