Thursday, July 14, 2016

52 Weeks of Gratitude

52 Weeks of Gratitude Weeks 24, 25, 26, 27


Holy Moly... Okay. I swore I wouldn't slack but I have! I've continued to write the prompts down on my chalk wall, but I've forgotten to post them here. 

So here they are, weeks 24, 25, 26, and 27 of the 52 weeks of gratitude:

24: book. I chose the Guide to Literary Agents 2016. Although I've read a lot of this information time and time again, the section on "Literary Agent's biggest pet peeves" was hilarious and eye-opening. I def made some changes to my book just after reading it.

25: education. Who isn't grateful for education? I'm especially grateful for the music courses I took in college. Even though I didn't complete my BS in music, I have always been a music zealot and those classes taught me more about the language of music than ever before. 

26: Someone you met. I remember being 17, sitting in a small studio in Manhattan. I was visiting New York for my drill team's national dance competition. On a day activity, we went to one of the Broadway rehearsal studios and met with a guy who was cast in Wicked. He sang Defying Gravity right there, accapella, on a folding chair. I'm pretty sure everyone thought I was crazy, because I sobbed. I had never seen the play OR heard that song. But that moment changed me. And I am grateful for it.

27: favorite part of your city. This one is hard. I've been on a lot of hikes this summer and have really enjoyed how they all look down across the entire city. Picking one would be unfair. So I'll go with Pizza Hut. I love pizza.:) 

That's it for my update on the 52 weeks of gratitude challenge! Sigh....I'll try to be better but man...summer has got a hold of me;)

@AuthorBrittanyShannon