Monday, May 2, 2016

52 Weeks of Gratitude challenge: week 17 and 18

Week 17 for the 52 Weeks of Gratitude challenge: something you take for granted.

I chose first world problems.

I totally am guilty of this sometimes, but it remains my biggest pet peeve. People who continually complain about first world problems aggravate my nerves. I annoy myself when I do it.

We have so much to be grateful for, and if we forget we lead miserable lives. America in particular has a gratitude problem. We live in a "more, more, more" society. People are never happy with what they have. It makes it a challenge for me to be grateful too.

But the truth is, the happiest people you'll ever meet will probably be those indigenous tribal jungle people who have nothing but the clothes on their back and their families surrounding them. I want to be like that.

Week 18 of the 52 Weeks of Gratitude challenge is the weather.

Oh em geeeee, I LOOOOVE spring and summer. Life just isn't the same without sunshine to me, and heat, for that matter. I'm such a lizard.

We just took family pics for 2016 and I have to say they were a hit. I love having nice weather and being outside, playing with my kids, going on adventures...even when you end up getting poured on. Just another thing to be grateful for!