Thursday, March 31, 2016

Vegan Raw Ginger Balls

Ah! Whoops, deleted my original post, dang it. I'll try to recreate it:
Vegan Raw Ginger Balls

As many of you know, my daughter loves to bake! She knows right where her stool is in the kitchen. She points to it, and then points to my baking supplies in the pantry, and says, BAKE! Which sounds kinda like Bike, which sounds kinda like Walk. Luckily, she uses non verbal gestures so I know exactly what she means.

Today, she wanted to BAKE!
I looked at the ingredients in my pantry and plugged a few keywords into the internet and got a couple options. 

I chose the ginger balls because I'm a sucker for anything ginger!
(Gingersnap cashew milk ice cream is a fav)

I found a recipe on Pinterest and, like most of my Pinterest experiences, it didn't go anything like I planned. NBD. I added a few of my own touches and they were still delish!






 They look completely different, but they taste great!
Here's what I did for my vegan raw Ginger Balls!
Prep time: 15 min
Chill time 1 hour
I combined the following in my Ninja Blender :
2 packages of Dates (no pits)
1 tbsp cinnamon
1 teaspoon ginger (I didn't have the produce, so I used the spice)
3 cloves (use ground cloves if possible)
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 C oats
1/4 C chia seeds
2 tbsp coconut oil
2 tbsp coconut flour


The original recipe didn't call for any oil and when I'd blended my ingredients together, it was dry as flour! It didn't call for coconut flour or chia seeds either. My personal touch. After well blended, I rolled into balls and chilled. It was super easy.

Bonus? They were a huge hit with my 2 year old!!