Thursday, March 17, 2016

Low Carb Stuffed Spaghetti Squash

Stuffed Spaghetti Squash


My last recipe was a vegan meal. This one could easily be if you leave out the Apple chicken sausage and use vegetable stock instead of chicken stock. However. Since I occasionally enjoy lean meats, I thoroughly suggest the organic Apple chicken sausage!!
I used 1 large spaghetti squash, prepared by baking it at 400 degrees for 40 minutes. (cut length wise, remove seeds, place face down on a cookie sheet with a little water.)
Meanwhile, I sauteed the sausages (3 cut up) with 2 cloves of garlic. I cooked a package of quinoa in a separate pan, using half water and half chicken stock.
When the sausages where done, I added diced celery and carrots with a tbs of rosemary. Perhaps a cup full of both veggies combined. I added the quinoa when it was finished and at the last minute threw in some chunks of kale. I took out my spaghetti squash, shredded it as necessary, filling it with the quinoa mixture and adding a little of the spaghetti squash. I topped it with chopped almonds. It was SOOOO good, I'm still dreaming about it. Give it a try, and feel good for putting healthy easy alternatives in your body!
Yum.