Monday, January 18, 2016

52 Weeks of Gratitude: Week 3

Week 3 of the 52 week Gratitude Challenge is Family.

I'm so incredibly thankful for my tiny family. My kids bring me so much joy. Its amazing how much you can stress out over your children, and yet, your heart is more full than you ever could've imagined.


My little girl is approaching toddlerdom, or as we mom's joke, terdle-dom. But somehow even then she is my absolute favorite. I could be happy if she stayed this age forever. I miss her when she goes down for naps. I love hearing her little feet waddle into my room in the morning, I love watching her run "zo zah!" (so fast) to the potty. She has this potty training thing down pretty good. She is now running to the bathroom by herself and shutting the door. Privacy is important for a girl !! Haha...she will shove the door in your face and shout, No! If you try to peek. I guess she wants to copy how mom and dad use the potty. Today, she even took her jewelry in with her. Beats me.


I adore my little man. He is only 4 months and he is HUGE. It kills my back and spine injury to carry/nurse him, but I love holding him super close. He is a mama's boy. I so melt when he smiles. He is also starting to giggle which is the best! He definitely still has colic, and the screaming wears on me as his mother, but it makes those happy times so much sweeter. I see in his eyes an absolute pure love. Those eyes follow me around the room, and stare unblinkingly up at me when I'm feeding him. He's such a handsome little King.

I'm so grateful for my husband who is such an awesome dad. He is my best friend. We have a very good relationship and genuinely enjoy one another's company. We always work it out, one way or another. We don't want to be that couple that throws in the towel because life isn't easy. We both have firm understandings of our Heavenly Father, His plan for us, and how we will teach our children of Him. I'm so so so blessed.